- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5
- Cook: 5
This is a very simple recipe to add a cheesy (in more ways than one) Australian feel to your oysters. I'm not a big fan of cooking oysters but we're just warming them through here and not everyone can do them natural
- Clean your oysters – just pick out any bits of shell, don’t do any washing or it won’t taste like an oyster.
- Make sure the oyster isn’t attached to the shell so it comes out easily at nom time
- Mix the Vegemite and sour cream together until smooth
- Crush the macadamias – not too small, looking for crunch and texture
- Spoon a teaspoon of the Vegemite mixture onto each oyster.
- Sprinkle a good size pinch of crushed macadamia into each shell
- Top with grated cheese.
- Put on a baking tray – I like to use a baking tray with crumpled up foil so the shells sit flat
- Stick them under the griller, best not to leave them. Watch until the cheese starts to bubble and browns a little – a couple of minutes
- Take them out, sprinkle with parsley and you’re ready to go
These are great with (very) good champagne or sparkling wine, preferably something yeasty that’s been on lees for a while. This makes it acceptable to have earlier in the morning, people may frown at if you open a beer before 10:00am.