Barramundi in Cajun Spice
- 6 skinless barramundi fillets - about 200g each
- Herbs - 1 teaspoon each - paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, black pepper, cayenne pepper, dried basil, dried oregano.
- 60g unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 15
- Cook: 10
- Mix dry spices together, if any of the spices are rough, grind down a little with a mortar and pestle – not too much. a slightly rough mix will give added texture.
- Mix well and set aside
- Heat a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat 10 minutes, until very hot. Pan is correct temperature if a drop of water evaporates almost immediately when dropped on surface.
- Sprinkle seasoning over both sides of fish to coat well.
- Cook fish in hot pan 2-3 minutes, until bottom is dark brown.
- Without spilling butter into pan, carefully drizzle 1/2 tsp. butter over each fillet and gently turn fish over.
- Carefully drizzle blackened side of fish with remaining butter.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, until underside is dark brown and fish is opaque throughout.
- Serve immediately drizzled with lemon juice.